The Deloraine Tip is not just a place for discarding waste; it represents a vital part of the community’s commitment to responsible waste management and environmental sustainability.
What can be taken to the tip?
- Aerosol, aluminium and steel cans (empty)
- Aluminium foil (scrunched)
- Batteries (car and household)
- Cardboard, including pizza boxes (cardboard must be free from food scraps, polystyrene and any soft plastic)
- Envelopes (including window face)
- E-waste (televisions, computers mobile phones and accessories)
- Fluorescent tubes and light bulbs
- Gas bottles (empty)
- Glass bottles
- Jar lids (metal and plastic – 8cm in diameter or larger)
- Motor and cooking oils
- Paint tins (full and empty)
- Paper, newspapers, books, magazines and junk mail
- Pet food tins (empty)
- Polystyrene (free from sticky tape and plastic strapping)
- Steel (light scrap steel and non-ferrous metal including washing machines, microwaves and dryers)
You can find a more extensive list on the Meander Valley Council website.
Deloraine Tip Shop
Where is Deloraine Tip and when is it open?
The tip is located at Tip Road, Deloraine. Opening hours are 10am – 5pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You can phone the tip directly on 6362 3700.